- Vision Screening. Both a state and local goal is to screen all NH children in either a school, day care, or Club setting. The procedure is quick and provides a printed copy of measurements that may be taken to an eye doctor if further screening is indicated at the time.
- Collecting eye glasses. A new drop off box is located to the right of the door to the Lions Club in Moultonborough…There are also collection baskets in the Sandwich and Moultonborough libraries as well as MVSB in Moultonborough,and Moultonborough Town Hall.
- Sponsorship of the Moultonborough Boy Scout and Cub Scout troops.
- Fourth of July free luncheon with the town of Moultonborough
- August cook-out for two local nursing homes
Financial Support for the Community
- Annual Raffle for a $5,000 cash prize awarded the first Saturday in December
- Bingo every Tuesday night at the Lion’s Club
- Rental of the clubhouse for private functions.
And where does the @ $20,000 raised go?:
- $10,000 + goes to college scholarships for area high school seniors.
- The Moultonborough Lions Club helped establish and continues to support the Annie Forts “Up Syndrome” scholarship fund.
- Donations to the NH and National Federation of the Blind, to LCIF (Lion’s Club International Fund) for the measles initiative, as well as to Camp Mayhew.
- Donations to local charities, charitable organizations, food pantries, holiday baskets for the needy to four towns, and individuals in need.
- Payment for eye exams, eyeglasses and hearing aids for local individuals who can not afford them.
We are always looking for new ways and service projects to help support the community. Ideas and suggestions are welcome. Please contact the webmaster.
The Social Side of Lionism
- Dinner speakers and presentations. Some of the past presentations have included:
- Danielle Constanza shared her two-year experience as a Peace Corps volunteer in Nicaragua.
- Keith Bryar spoke about raising and racing sled dogs
- A past camper at Camp Mayhew shared memories of six years of camp
- Jim Huston spoke about his harrowing and humorous experiences while climbing the 4,000 footers (mountains) in New Hampshire.
- Presentations by the Loon Society and the Remick Museum and Farm and Make-a-Wish.
- Talks from state level Lions
- Slide show of travel to Ireland, South Africa, and other exciting vacation trips.
- Combined Christmas Party with the Moultonborough Women’s Club
- BINGO every Tuesday night, beginning at 6:00 pm