- Vision Screening. Both a state and local goal is to screen all NH children in either a school, day care, or Club setting. The procedure is quick and provides a printed copy of measurements that may be taken to an eye doctor if further screening is indicated at the time.
- Collecting eye glasses. A new drop off box is located to the right of the door to the Lions Club in Moultonborough…There are also collection baskets in the Sandwich and Moultonborough libraries as well as MVSB in Moultonborough, and Moultonborough Town Hall.
- Sponsorship of the Moultonborough Boy Scout and Cub Scout troops.
- Fourth of July free luncheon with the town of Moultonborough
- August cook-out for two local nursing homes
Financial Support for the Community
- Annual Raffle for a $5,000 cash prize awarded the first Saturday in December
- Bingo every Tuesday night at the Lion’s Club
And where does the @ $20,000 raised go?:
- $10,000 + goes to college scholarships for area high school seniors.
- Donations to the NH and National Federation of the Blind, to LCIF (Lion’s Club International Fund) for the measles initiative, as well as to Camp Mayhew.
- Donations to local charities, charitable organizations, food pantries, holiday baskets for the needy to four towns, and individuals in need.
- Payment for eye exams, eyeglasses and hearing aids for local individuals who can not afford them.
We are always looking for new ways and service projects to help support the community. Ideas and suggestions are welcome. Please contact the webmaster.
The Social Side of Lionism
- Dinner speakers and presentations. Some of the past presentations have included:
- Students — present and alumni — have given presentations about trips and projects (many of which we have contributed funds to) and volunteer experiences.
- Presentations by the Loon Society, Make-a-Wish, Camp Pride, NH Humane Society, Camp Mayhew and many more.
- Talks from State Level Lions and others
- Slide show of travel t
- BINGO every Tuesday night, beginning at 6:00 pm